Neurofeedback is a highly effective approach in managing a range of brain-based conditions, including ADHD, autism, anxiety, insomnia, and more. However, this innovative therapy’s applications aren’t limited to controlling symptoms and correcting abnormalities. Neurofeedback can also be used to ‘tune’ well-functioning brains to enhance a person’s mental abilities and allow them to perform at their peak.
Neurofeedback has been successfully used for peak performance within a number of professions, including sports performance, musical performance, executive performance and more.
Peak Performance occurs when a person is totally alert and focused while maintaining a relaxed physical body.
A person’s ability to focus and concentrate is hindered when stress and tension is carried in the body. Neurofeedback increases resilience and an individual’s ability to deal with stress. It improves mental clarity, decision making capabilities and focus. Productivity, competency and efficiency are enhanced.
Peak performance training using Neurofeedback can be likened to training in a gym. With repeated exercise, just as muscles respond and gain strength, the brain similarly learns to self-regulate more and more optimally. Neurofeedback training is effective for performance because it helps to improve a wide range of brain functions such as a person’s concentration, confidence, creativity and memory.
Neurofeedback can also help guide the brain into states associated with what one might call “the zone”: a clear, lucid state in which many people achieve optimal performance. The treatment delivers the same benefits as long-term meditation, which also has very positive and measurable medical benefits.
There are many users of Neurofeedback to enhance performance. Neurofeedback has been used for optimizing performance by athletes, musicians, performers and dancers. It is also used by the military, NASA, executives, students, teachers and scientists to encourage their brain to function at its best.
Many of these users believe this gives them a competitive advantage and do not publicise or even comment on speculation about their use of Neurofeedback. At the Centre for Brain Training, we can help you overcome personal or professional challenges without having uncomfortable conversations about your feelings with a stranger.
The most frequently listed benefits of peak performance training are:
- improved concentration, focus and attention,
- easier decision making,
- reduced number of errors,
- shorter response time,
- increased creativity,
- more efficient memory,
- accelerated learning,
- improved resilience and immunity to stress,
- greater productivity and efficiency,
- less susceptibility to “burning out“,
- quicker and deeper relaxation,
- increased mind/body integration,
- enhanced well-being and better relationships
- reduced anxiety, stage fright and performance anxiety,
- increased self-confidence and assertiveness,
- better self-control and anger management,
- development of self-awareness, intuition and sensory awareness
- improved intelligence(IQ) – an increase of 10-12 points has been demonstrated in some studies
- development of emotional intelligence (EQ) – shown to be more important than IQ in getting ahead in life
- personal and spiritual development